Sunday, August 14, 2011

First Grown-up Weekend!

Pin It I started school on Thursday! It was all new teacher information... I'm so on info overload, it was actually exhausting! I still don't have my books yet to start lesson planning, so this was my last (really actually honestly) free weekend for the rest of the semester. We decided to have some fun!

On Saturday we drove to Sioux City, which has a nice mall and some civilization (yay!). It's about an hour drive and it was nice to spend some time with my hubby. We drove there to see the movie "The Help". I read the book last summer and loved it - so obviously I couldn't wait for the movie to come to our three theater movie palace in town!


The movie was good...

but the book is wayyyy better!


Zach has also been on a juice fast (he saw the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead). So we went to Wal-mart and bought a juicer then ran to Fareway and bought a TON of fruits and veggies! He was hungry for pizza the other night so I made him this juice: tomato, spinach, and celery! Yum?

I'm sure the wine glass made it fancier! Well, his plan was to do the fast for 10 days, but he just made me mac and cheese for dinner and dug in himself... I think he's done - just in time for the Iowa State Fair cuisine. I'm not sure only juice is really that healthy anyway!

Back to school tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. So, I'm loving your adjustment phase to Northwest Iowa living, hehe. And hey, having a three screen movie theater sounds pretty swanky...Also, Tyler and I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly dead too! It was crazy..and I can't believe Zach went through with the juice fast, we were too big of chickens! Another really interesting one to check out is Fathead. I was resistant at first, but it was seriously sooooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zach is insane! I want to see The Help so much! I'm waiting til I read the book.

    Fair this weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete