Sunday, August 26, 2012

Classroom Set-Up!

Pin It I haven't abandoned you - pinky promise, I was just starting the school year! I had a pretty great response from some of my education-related posts and wanted to share a few more of my classroom ideas with you. Remember, I teach high school ESL, but a lot of this would work for different grade levels too. And, as the the saying goes, all good teachers steal... I definitely ripped off all some of this from Pinterest so feel free to steal from me too! :)

First up, plural bulletin board:

We decided to use some academic words and more basic words to include all the levels that we serve. Also note the fan... three early outs to start the year because of heat!




 Just some more examples of how the plural board works!

Next up, our preposition/position board. I love this because it is sooo simple but so so helpful! This is something I know my kids struggle with!


Now showing the contraction flip chart! This is what our second level kids started with this year and I thought this would be a nice thing to stare at/play with.


Another steal - a great way to keep kids organized and focused while answering test questions.

I think its pretty important to include the students in the rule/expectation creation. This year I did it like this!
I just projected onto my wall/whiteboard and let my kids sticky note their answers (because they're still nervous to talk a lot at the beginning). We went over them, they chose the way they wanted to answer it as a class and created posters, pictures to come... maybe! It worked really well.. minus a couple of less-than-sticky-sticky-notes.

I hope this gives you some ideas for your classroom! Have a happy school year - I know mine is off to an awesome start :)

No comments:

Post a Comment